Test the registration process
Great job! Now that you’ve fixed the config file, it looks like the application is running (at least partially).
Let’s try to create a new user:
- Navigate to the Game Environment Console browser that you have open. It should be the page with the black background and Register/Login screen. Refresh the browser.
- If you fixed the config file correctly, you should be able to see that the 404 ERRORs are no longer there and that the message CONFIG LOADED is shown in your browser’s Developer Console. This means that the application was able to retrieve the AWS configurations.
- You will see a screen with the buttons Register and Login. Click Register.
- Fill out the form to register a new user for yourself:
- Username: Define a username. Use only lowercase letters, and don’t use symbols. Don’t use your email here, as this is classified as PII (Personally Identifiable Information).
- Email: You will need a valid and accessible email. Cognito needs to send you a confirmation email and you will need to click on it to confirm. We recommend using a personal email to avoid issues with spam blockers.
- Password: For testing purposes, use a simple password (like Password!123). This password is managed by Cognito. It will not be stored in the application database.
- Confirm (and memorize, or take note) your password: Repeat your password.
- Your company’s web domain (ex: aws.amazon.com): Input your company domain.
- Click on the button Register.
- If registration worked, you should receive a confirmation in your email. Open the email and click on the verification link. If after a few minutes, you have not received an email, check your Junk folder.